People make Pinnacle great. Come join us if you want to be part of a great team and make a difference in the world.
Pinnacle conducts patient satisfaction surveys. Established in 1996, we have an office staff of approximately 45, and an at-home interviewer workforce of over 100.
In each of the last seven years, the Salt Lake Tribune has named Pinnacle as one of Utah’s top workplaces because of its employee satisfaction levels. Our culture is our most important asset. Cultural fit and addition is one of the main factors in our decision process.
About the role:
Pinnacle is building an entirely new cloud hosted application from the ground up. Pinnacle is looking for experienced web application developers who are excited for a new challenge and the opportunity to create efficient tools in a meaningful field. Applicants should feel very comfortable working with, and maintaining, advanced web applications using the Laravel Framework. They will work as a team with other engineers, and closely with the lead architect and technology director, to ensure the goals and priorities of the project are realized.
- Develop testable code for desired software solution (understand system flow, data usage, and work processes while following the software development lifecycle)
- Ensure code meets all appropriate standards of security
- Work very closely with application architect
- Document and demonstrate solutions through code notation, clean code, documentation, flowcharts, layouts, and diagrams
- Able to problem solve, test and debug thoroughly, and resolve errors
- Estimate project requirements, report on progress, and meet goals
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and reading professional publications
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications in PHP, with an emphasis on Laravel experience
- Experience with and understanding of relational databases (MySQL/Aurora) and NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch)
- Knowledge of REST APIs, PHP Doctrine, Git/GitHub, Jira, PhpStorm, PHP Code Sniffer/Psalm
- Understanding of cloud computing architecture (EC2, S3, Aurora, Elasticsearch)
- Ability to write useful automated tests (both unit and functional) using PHPUnit
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Very organized and thorough
- High attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of application architecture, design patterns, and development methodologies/frameworks
- Experience with 3rd party API integrations (Twilio experience is a plus)
- Salary DOE
- Performance bonuses
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Discretionary Time Off (DTO)
- Company Wellness Program
- Vacation cash on key anniversaries
- Additional insurance benefits offered as cafeteria plan